ARK CIC is seeking to engage with an experienced Business Manager on behalf of our client. Based in London Bridge, you will be working for a non-profit business that provides Shared Apprenticeship Scheme to the construction industry.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the business manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company, ensuring they are compliant in line with funding agreements and companies house requirements. You will be providing direction to the company, creating an improved culture that is built on delivering results.
You will be responsible for guiding the business through its next phase of growth and market expansion. The ideal Business Manager must have experience formulating business plans, communications strategies and marketing strategies.
As the Business Manager you will:
- Implement and manage new funded programs, including recruitment
- Lead the annual strategy and budget process as well as creating and implementing operational plans with clear KPIs across all business programs
- Manage apprenticeship scheme, including financial management
- Create and manage organisational performance and reporting systems
- Develop and managing a business development strategy, targeting key partners
- Review, create and implement policies and procedures
- Create and deliver a marketing strategy to ensure apprenticeship job creation
- Be responsible for the ongoing workforce demand modelling
- Responsible for staff management, providing direct line management, reviewing staff structures, and ensuring capacity planning is in line with business strategies and budget
- Identify and apply for external funding to support the business
- Lead on all health and safety procedures
The successful Business Manager will have the following skills and experience
- Excellent management skills with experience in running complex projects
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence senior stakeholders and customers
- Experience in implementing systems and processes
- Experience in managing and developing staff
- 5+ years of business management experience
- Management qualification
- Experience in working on apprenticeship projects within the construction industry