We are looking to recruit a suitably experienced Cover supervisor on a permanent basis, with demonstrable communication skills and excellent attention to detail, who shares a passion and enthusiasm for the education trust and is determined to make a difference to the lives of pupils and staff, as part of the partnership commitment. You will work under the direction of a designated member of staff, to act as a cover supervisor for classes where there are short-term absences of timetabled teachers.
As a dedicated member of the trust, it is important that employees are provided with an array of benefits. You will receive a range of incentives that include: Affordable Accommodations: from £550 Per Month all-inclusive of rent, utilities, internet access and maintenance. Health Screening, Combined Physiotherapy, Specialist Consultation and MRI Scans, Dental accident, 24/7 Counselling and Support Helpline, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Assessment and Personal Coaching, GP Anytime including Private Prescriptions, Health Shield PERKS, Pension Schemes, Holiday Entitlement and Training and Development.
As a Cover supervisor, Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Act as a Cover Supervisor in the absence of the class teacher and ensure that students are supervised whilst undertaking pre-prepared or self-directed learning activities
- Be aware and contribute to the development of the school’s policies and support service procedures
- Develop methods of promoting and reinforcing students’ self-esteem and independence within the classroom and school environment. Assess the need for additional support in consultation with appropriate professional staff
- Together with teaching staff be involved in monitoring of pupils’ progress and maintaining related records
- In consultation with teaching staff, participate in the evaluation of the support programmes for pupils, contributing to reviews of children’s progress, including formal reviews of statements
- Provide regular feedback and assessment on children’s progress to class teachers, support tutors and other professionals as required
- Alongside teaching staff, develop effective relationships and links between home and school.
- Participate in the development and delivery of the programme of Out of Hours extra-curricular/study activities and under the guidance and direction of teaching staff, take a lead role in providing teaching and supporting pupils involved
- Undertake other roles such as form Tutor or tasks which may fall within the scope of this post as may be reasonably directed by the Senior Leadership Team and Director of Faculty
- Graduate or completed Advanced Level studies (desirable)
- The ability to speak a second language (desirable)
- Flexibility in supporting across the curriculum
- An understanding of how the curriculum can be developed to meet individual needs (desirable)
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to reflect on and develop own practice
- Willingness to develop own expertise
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Commitment to the school’s Policies and procedures
- Commitment to develop the ethos of the school
To apply for this role, please click apply.