A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, dedicated and education driven Science Teacher to work in a Secondary school, based in Enfield.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively within a team and lead on the Science curriculum within the academy. You will have a natural flair for delivering creative and vibrant lessons that enthuses and motivates all students to want to learn and achieve. You will need have excellent communication skills and work collaboratively with the Head Teacher, SLT team and your direct team.
The academy is committed to your professional development. You will have ongoing support from the senior leadership team and will attend appropriate training and development opportunities. The trust is dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for liaising closely with the Head of Department to ensure that an exciting, coherent and relevant curriculum is established and managed
- To ensure that all students can access the curriculum and fulfil their potential through differentiated schemes of work, resources, and assessments
- To be responsible for the management of specific assessments (in line with the academy and national policy) to set targets, motivate, monitor, and measure student learning outcomes and progress linked to the nation curriculum
- To plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard, thereby ensuring meaningful learning takes place and pupils make rapid and sustained progress
- To develop one’s own teaching practice to a level of advanced proficiency
- To fully implement all academy routines and techniques for creating a culture of high expectations
- To develop pathways to post 16 science education
- To contribute to the enrichment, extra-curricular and raising aspirations programmes
- To provide daily pastoral tutoring to a cohort of pupils
- To contribute to the effective daily working of the academy
- Right to work in the UK
- Qualified teaching status
- Qualified to at least degree level
- Ability to teach subject to A Level standard
- Evidence of being, or having the potential to be, an outstanding teacher of the subject
- Up to date knowledge in the curriculum area
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
- Effective and systematic behaviour management, with clear boundaries, sanctions, praise and rewards
- Good inter-personal, communication, planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrates resilience and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
- Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
- Adhere to the Academy’s data protection procedures
- Willingness to undertake training
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. To apply online for this role, please click apply.