An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and driven Design & Technology Teacher to work in a Secondary school in Enfield. The successful D&T Teacher will work collaboratively within the team and lead on the Technology curriculum within the academy. You will have a natural flair for delivering creative and vibrant lessons that enthuses and motivates all students to want to learn and achieve. You will need to have excellent communication skills and work collaboratively with the Head Teacher, Senior Leadership Team, and your direct team.
The academy is committed to your professional development. In addition to a ranging salary, you will receive a range of incentives. This includes affordable accommodation, healthcare (dental, optical, health screening, prescriptions), an employee assistance program, pension schemes and holiday entitlement, training and development, and much more!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan, resource and deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard, thereby ensuring meaningful learning takes place and pupils make rapid and sustained progress
- To fully implement all routines and techniques for creating a culture of high expectations to contribute to the enrichment, extra-curricular and raising aspirations programmes
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant, and differentiated curriculum for the students
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of the students as a class teacher
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To share and support the schools’ responsibility to provide and monitor any opportunities for personal growth and development
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the school’s procedures and to encourage good practice regarding punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
- To assist the Head of Department and Senior Leader in ensuring that the Design & Technology curriculum provides a range of teaching that complements the school’s strategic objectives
- To support the school’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies, practices, and procedures
- To develop one’s own teaching practice to a level of advanced proficiency and to continue personal development including subject knowledge and teaching methods
Person Specification/ Qualifications and other required experience and skills:
- Right to work in the UK
- Qualified teaching status and qualified to at least degree level
- Ability to teach subject to A Level standard
- Up to date knowledge in the curriculum area
- An understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high expectations
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- Excellent classroom teacher, or potential to be one, with the ability to reflect on lessons and continually improve their own practice
- Effective and systematic behaviour management
- Good inter-personal, communication, planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrates resilience, motivation, and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
- Commitment to regular and on-going professional development and training to establish outstanding classroom practice
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
To apply for this role, please click apply online and upload an updated version of your CV. Alternatively, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service.