On behalf of our client, ARK C.I.C is on the lookout for a Business Development Manager to work for a non-profit organisation that provides apprenticeship schemes in the construction industry.
With the role based in Birmingham, you will be reporting to the Business Manager, where you will be responsible for identifying apprenticeship demands by approaching key partners, generating new business, and creating a sustainable and successful business model.
This is an exciting time for the company as they are looking to grow their team, so the successful Business Development Manager will ideally have line management experience as you will be managing the Apprenticeship Managers.
With performance-related bonuses and flexible hybrid working being offered as incentives, this is the perfect opportunity for the right candidate!
The duties of the Business Development Manager include:
- Identifying new apprenticeship placement opportunities by liaising with employers, developers, and local authorities.
- Digital marketing of the CIC’s service.
- Reviewing employment and skills plans with local authorities and construction companies to identify and create apprenticeship opportunities.
- Working effectively with contractors, employers, and end-users to ensure that all apprenticeship placement opportunities are identified, and employers’ requirements are clearly established
- Working closely with local agencies to ensure that suitable job ready candidates are identified for apprenticeship opportunities.
- Undertaking research and analysis to inform the nature and scale and requirements for a construction skills training programme.
- Supporting the recruitment and onboarding of apprentices with a focus on diversity and social value
- Delivering a marketing strategy to ensure apprenticeship job creation
- Providing line management of apprenticeship managers, including oversight of apprentices and their journey
The Business Development Manager will ideally have the following skills/experience:
- Experience working with apprentices and apprenticeship schemes
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and other members of the team
- Line management experience is key
- Proficient in using MS Office
- Previous sales experience with proven ability to generate new business